Monday, October 3, 2011

Kia Ora (Auckland)

After now 2 days in the wonderful city Auckland I start to see the beauty of New Zealand and I bet it will be even better once I am on the road.

Even though the weather is not really nice since I came, it has been raining the whole time, I enjoyed my time. As planned I started out really really lazy and met up with some friends yesterday.

We went for some lunch, which was followed by a visit to the cinema. In between we explored a little bit the city and had a coffee on the way. I really enjoyed the company and wish I could spend some more time in Auckland.








Today I slept in, and this time I mean really slept in, l only got up around 11 am, but hey, I am on holiday, I deserve it hehe. I might have missed a part of the day, but it was raining the whole time anyway, so most of the things I had planned for today were not possible. But good news, tomorrow they forecasted some sun :D

I walked this time from my friends place to the city to check out a few sightseeing places, but as I said because of the rain not everything was possible. I went first to the sky city and got from there to the Museum and War memorial. During my visit there I enjoyed as well a Maori Cultural Performance. Unfortunately I have to admit that the show wasn’t worth the money ($25) and I couldn’t recommend it. I uploaded a vid anyway: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlTSzwxxspo
















On the way back I enjoyed a coffee with a friend before I reunited with Drew to head home for a relaxed evening.

Before I finish this entry I need to mention that I lost my Ipod somewhere. I guess I forgot it on the plane :( But well, I guess there are more important things to care about….

I will update soon again and hope to become a proper tourist and not being as lazy as I was so far.

Greetings to my family and friends, and yes, the postcards are written at this very moment.

Kia Ora and Happy Travels!

1 comment:

  1. I lost my ipod travelling too, so annoying! but yes, more important things - it all sounds amazing already! xxx

    ReplyDelete