Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 25 - 34 (30/01 -09/02/2011) Phuket - Thailand

We finally arrived in Phuket. Because we didn’t plan the trip to Bali from the beginning we booked a return flight to Jakarta where we would catch the plane to Phuket. Unfortunately we had to wait 7 hours in between at the airport. Not so much fun, but hey, I was drunk when we made this plan, so nothing else to expect.
As soon as we arrived we picked a mini bus to bring us to our hotel. I pre-booked one night as I knew that we would arrive very late in the evening and it would make no sense to search upon arrival for accommodation. When we arrived the reception explained that there was no room booked under my name and that they don’t have any rooms available. A bit disappointed we called Marina’s friend Lama who managed to find a hotel on short notice. The hotel (Patong Terrace Boutique Hotel) just opened a day before, so we were one of the first guests to stay there. The only thing on our minds was a nice shower, very quickly I realised that the water didn’t run off and the bathroom was flooded very quickly. Just dressed in a towel I informed the reception, Marina had the same issue. So we moved rooms, but the same problem here again. We moved room again, still dressed just in a towel, it was a little bit embarrassing :S.
Finally we had a room and got ready for dinner around the Bangla Road. Very nice and happy to have arrived we fall asleep quickly that night.
 

We decided that the last few days from our holidays are proper lazy days and didn’t plan anything at all. Mostly we went to the beach over the day and out in the evenings. We really enjoyed the cocktails ‘to go’ on the beach. So calm at night and beautiful. One night we actually did go swimming and it was amazing, I just loved it.


One day I decided as well to go for the (actually very expensive) jet ski and parasailing activity, that was really fun and I could have done it every day again.



One thing I enjoyed as well on the site was watching the hot beach boys, running around half naked and serving cocktails :D


One night Marina’s friends in Phuket decided to take us out for a karaoke night, arriving at a complete empty bar, it was a bit disappointing, but actually we laughed about it.

On the 07/02/2012 we changed our plans and made a safari tour with water rafting, ATV, elephant tracking through the jungle, fish spa and flying fox. We visited as well another waterfall, so great again. I actually want one when I am back home! Amazing and exhausting day.





 I actually burned myself on the ATV and my leg skin came in contact with the tyres, very painful.



 


Later in the evening we found ourselves back at the beach and lit up balloons with personal messages for our beloved ones at home.




I could write so much more funny stories but I don’t want to make this blog too long. I think the pictures tell enough of a story.













HAPPY TRAVELS

1 comment:

  1. We are planning to visit Phuket in mid-Dec.
    Thank you for posting.
    I've been looking at some of the posts on this website to get an idea about travel in Phuket for my next vacation.

    ReplyDelete