Monday, October 10, 2011

Funky Chicken Tour day 3 (Rotorua)

We started a little bit later today around 9am towards the Waitomo walk first. The breakfast was a bit unpleasant since other people stole my milk out of the fridge but some others were so nice and sheared theirs with me. And my infection is still there, but I will wait until tomorrow to see if I really want to go to the doctor.

The Waitomo path was a nice speedy walk to get our blood pumping for the day.






After that we headed towards Rotorua our next stop for a sleep over. We had again the choice of several activities. They offered as well a Mauri Cultural Show in the evening, I passed on this one. Instead I went in the afternoon to the Skyline Attraction which offers Gondolas up the hill and lubeing down. The lubing was such fun however the fun was ruined when my camera and phone dropped out of my pocket and got run over. My baby got run over several times before I was able to pick it up. The camera was broken…..of course the phone didn’t had a scratch. I still have my old camera with me and can take pictures; however, they look so crappy compared to my Lumix. I will buy a new one as soon as I have a job again (or maybe earlier if I am really annoyed with the quality).








I decided as well to change my travel plans a bit since the stop in Christchurch is canceled. I will book a flight back to Auckland.
The hostel I am staying tonight offers as well a hot spring pool, but my mood is so down, I just want chocolate and sleep. And yes, the diet is making me grumpy as well. Ahhhh well, let’s hope not much more bad things happen.

Oh, besides all the bad news, I received as well very good news from my family. I hope they are good and I can see the latest addition to the family very soon :) Miss you loads.

Happy Travels!

2 comments:

  1. aaah, how annoying about the squished camera! but Olivia sends her love to Tante Natti! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww very cute :) But it is all good, now I have a new lumix, not as good as the old one, but better than nothing :D

    ReplyDelete