Friday, October 14, 2011

Funky Chicken on Tour Day 4 (Taupo)

After sleeping like a stone we continued our day around 9am towards Taupo. Before leaving some of the group had an activity going on while we spend some time wandering around. We made a quick stop at a Honey Shop for tasting and shopping. It tasted great but I didn’t do any shopping.











This was followed by a stop at the Haka Falls, a river that goes across the north of New Zealand, a stunning scenery (and thanks to my camera the pictures do not reflect that).



We finally arrived in Taupo where we first checked in. We then started with a group to the sky diving ‘Freefall’ in Taupo. One thing I always wanted to do and finally get a chance to do so. We first had an instruction and a view of some jumps. I went for the 15.000 feet offer including DVD. My group was the first one to get on the plane and luckily I was the first one in the group to jump off. I would have been scared to death if I would have seen the others jump first.

While we were in the air everything was still normal. I kept thinking when does the guy that jumped with me would tie me up and of course I hoped he would do it secure. When the door opened I burst of excitement and looked down. The cameraman jumped first off and I finally jumped out of the plane. The first few seconds where totally normal and I wasn’t scared but as soon as we flipped and I could see the plane it clicked and I started to scream realising that I just jumped out of a plane. It can’t describe it differently, the freefall was awesome and still makes my heart pump when I think about it. As soon as I can decode the DVD I will upload it to youtube :D







The rest of the evening was spend in the pub with the group and a bit of dancing.



All in all a very great day I will never forget.

Happy Travels!




No comments:

Post a Comment