Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Funky Chicken on Tour day 12 (Franz Josef)

The night was a nightmare because of the people that partied all night and got up very early singing and screaming in the hallway. We had to get up around 8 for our walking tour to the Franz Josef Glacier where we would do some ice climbing.

First we were fitted with some gear and then headed to the low point of the glacier where we would start our tour.

We booked a full day tour however due to the wind we only could go up half way and had to return. Luckily the Glacier Tour Operator gave us some refund.














 

This was followed by a visit to the hot pools which were included in the tour package, a very nice relaxing oasis.


We were very lucky with the weather today and I am going to enjoy it while I can. Later on I will go to the pub and enjoy some Fish and Chips (or Pizza) because I think after doing so great on my diet I deserve it :)

We will continue tomorrow to Wanaka very early in the morning. Have a great day/night and loads of kisses to my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment