Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Funky Chicken on Tour day 8 (South Island - Kaiteriteri)

We had to get up early this morning to catch the Ferry over to the South Island – Picton. One of the reasons I decided to fly back is the cost for the Ferry, which is not included in my bus pass and would cost me an extra 55$. 
 
The crossover was very quick and the scenery as usual very stunning. I enjoyed a little breakfast on the ferry.










We arrived in Kaiteriteri at our accommodation. Because the Lodge was holding a midget convention we had to sleep in a Christian camp. For the price of 30$ a night I was a bit disappointed of the standard, but it was only for one night.



While others did go to the pub to watch a rugby game (our driver was so kind to drive the whole lot) I walked down to the beach, unfortunately the sunset took place on the other site so I wasn’t able to get some nice pictures of that. Instead I played around in the sand and sit down to let life pass by.













HAPPY TRAVELS!

2 comments:

  1. Midget = little people
    Convention = Meet up
    Loads of little people running around. Not funny? Ok maybe I should rephrase it?

    ReplyDelete