Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Explorer day (Auckland)

The early bird catches the worm hence I got up earlier (and yes I had to use the alarm to wake me up).

Glen was so kind and drove me a round today to a few further places that are difficult to reach with public transport (not impossible though). First stop was the ‘One Tree Hill’ with a fantastic view over Auckland. We checked out as well the Acacia Cottage, where the founder of Auckland lived. His grave is on top of the hill. The animals around as walked free, no fence or anything else, anyone could go up to them, not that I would recommend it.












 We continued to Mount Eden, another awesome view.





From Mount Eden we went to the Wairangi Wharf, a small beach along the sea side; a serious posh area with beautiful houses directly at the beach.





 We saw as well the Auckland Harbor Bridge.

This was followed by a tour through the Marina Westhaven. Thousands of boats, apparently Auckland has the most boats per person in the world.

Glen let me out near the Auckland Skytower and I continued from there alone. Thanks to the coupons in the tour guide I only paid $25 entry. The view from the Skydeck was amazing and you could walk over glass and have a good look down. I enjoyed a special offer in the cafe and the view at the same time :)











I am pretty sure, most girls would be happy about a welcome like that:




I want one of those when I come home :D


It is always nice to have some great talented musicians on the street; I really hope these guys will make it far. The group is called Andamula:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2LuAqEehqk
Next I went to the Ferry Terminal and bought a ticket for the Ferry to Devonport. I quickly grabbed a bottle of water and just a few minutes later I realised I left my camera there, panic came up and I run back, luckily my camera was still there.



I first went to the Devonport Chocolate Shop to get Drew and Glen a little Thank you present, which they well deserved after looking so good after me.


I started to walk up to Mount Victoria but returned after a few meters, it was just too hot and steep and I guess I had enough of a high view for the day.
Devonport had some nice and small beaches which you can use anytime, I rather would wait for better weather though.




















READ YOU SOON AGAIN and Happy Travels!

1 comment:

  1. A-MA-ZING views, can't wait to see your blog and pictures for the rest of the trip!!

    ReplyDelete