Saturday, October 1, 2011

Good bye Australia (for now) and Hello New Zealand

The last couple of weeks were not very exciting and I spend the remaining time on the farm finishing off a few jobs and done some research for New Zealand. Of course the cooking continued and I enjoyed it as much as possible as I know I won’t have the same in New Zealand, and who knows I might even lose the odd pound with the travel diet again.









The times passed by quickly and the day of my departure arrived. Cici and I went down together to Sydney where I would spend the last two remaining days in Australia.


I stayed with a friend in the city and just relaxed, watched movies and cooked. My holidays finally started again. It seems like my last holiday was ages ago and I haven’t had proper free time since.


During my stay in Sydney I had a slight change and my friend cooked for me instead the other way around, very fancy and yummy, way over my standard of cooking :) Compliments to the chef. Even though I still wonder how during the day the chewing gum ended up in my hair; but I think the new haircut defiantly suits my style…..








Yesterday we enjoyed a long lunch above the northern beaches, the amazing view, great service and marvelous food made it a wonderful day.

















I enjoyed some free internet again while waiting to board the plane. In less than 2 hours I will arrive in Auckland – New Zealand. The first week I am going to spend in the city and this is followed by a 20 day road trip through the North and South Islands. I will make sure I keep my blog as updated as possible. Luckily I am citizen of one of the waiver cities and only need to fill out an on arrival card for my holidays. At first I had a little shock while checking in as the nice lady at the counter asked for the return ticket. Because I usually do not print my tickets I completely forgot that I actually had this one printed as requested during the booking process. A minute later I remembered and the angry face of the lady changed to a nice smile….phew




A few hours later…..
I arrived in Auckland with no complications and went through customs, thanks to the rugby world cup it was very very busy and it took me over 30 minutes to go through it. Arrived on the other site and with a new stamp in  my password I went and picked up my backpack from the belt. Then I got stopped by a cute dog, apparently he smelt something and I was asked to follow the officer to a little bench where they searched my bag, OF COURSE there was nothing there. But my friend Drew was already eagerly waiting outside.


We drove to Auckland where we were sitting down for a cup of coffee before heading to New North Road in Kingsland to a bar called Neighbourhood to watch the England vs, Scotland rugby game and similar to Brisbane, the real game took place in the Stadium in Eden Park, just around the corner. Awesome.





The first night was wonderful with a very comfy bed and now I am getting ready to hit the city and explore the area, let’s get the holidays started.


Thank you everyone who made my stay in Australia so far a fantastic experience, it wouldn’t be the same without you.

Read you soon my dear friends and family. Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment