Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Funky Chicken on Tour day 15 (Queenstown)

I had to get up early in the morning for my long awaited bungy jump. We met at the AJ Hackett office where a bus would drive us up to the Nevis Bungy Jump point.
Most of us were really excited as we were all first offenders. As soon as we arrived we got fitted into the gear and took a gondola up to the platform. The height was really frightening….
I was second in that group and my heart started to race as soon as I was standing on the platform looking down. The guy counted to three but I couldn’t let go of his hand for at least another 5 seconds….but watch for yourself:
The Bungy jump was definitly fun and I would do it again but compared to the skydive; I would prefer falling down for 60 seconds instead of just 8. Skydive was and is still my personal favourite, but I guess everyone has their own preference.



After my return I went to the Jazz festival near the pier with my roommate and had a wander around the lake. This was followed by a quick afternoon nap and a quiet evening with some more movies to watch since another guy had over 400 movies on his hard drive and was so kind to share some with me. I am so happy now that I have the 2 TB as storage, very handy.








Happy Travels!

1 comment: