Friday, October 14, 2011

Funky Chicken on Tour Day 5 (Taupo)

We had a free day in Taupo which most of the group needed after the last night out. I took today very relaxed and chilled. 
 
After a massive sleep in we went to McDonalds for breakfast and I continued on a shopping spree for a new camera. I just can’t deal with the poor quality of the Casio camera. I didn’t have to search for long and found a great replacement.
I kept wandering around in the city and checked out the Great Lake in Taupo.







We decided to go for a swim in the Spa Park nearby. We shared a cab drive to the hot springs. It was raining and a bit chilly, but a good way to spend some time in Taupo. The hot springs mixes with the lake which was freezing cold.


On my walk back I met some ducks that were sitting very quietly in the grass until I approached them, suddenly they jumped up and run towards me: DUCK ATTACK

 
I even saw a rainbow today :D






Tonight was a quiet night for me and we just chilled in one of the rooms with music; a great evening. I am now in bed and hope that the next stop will be as great as the journey has been so far.



A few notes on the site:

1.       The accommodation we have for the stopovers are cheaper when I book them online myself, which I have done now for Queenstown since I am staying there 4 nights (not for all tho, just check with the driver).

2.       I changed my plan and fly back to Auckland from Christchurch instead of taking the bus again.

3.       Money can be spent very very easily on such trips…..yeah that means I will only do the bungee jump and take the cheap walking options.

4.       My infection is nearly gone and I don’t need to see a doctor :)

5.       I broke my sunglasses and lost my camera case while wandering around in the city

6.       NEW ZEALAND IS AWESOME

Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment