Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Funky Chicken on Tour day 14 (Wanaka - Queenstown)

After a very quiet night full of sleep we got up and started into the direction of the Puzzling World. Queenstown is only 100 km away so we had plenty of time to get confused in the maze and figure out how the games work within the café as well as some picture opportunities. I have to admit that I took the emergency exit out of the maze, otherwise I probably would have spent hours in there.











We continued towards Queenstown with a few picture stops in between again before we stopped for some fresh fruits at Ms Johnson fruit stall. Apparently the real fruit ice cream is absolute fantastic (I haven’t tried it though).


The next stop was the Kawarau Bridge, where the original commercial bungy site was built and we could watch a few people jump of the bridge (including our driver). I only booked the Nevis 134 meter bungy jump for the next day and started already to get nervous.


We stopped for a quick group picture in Q’town which anyone could buy for $10 afterwards. After I checked into my accommodation I started to explore the city a little bit and went on to have one of the famous Fergburger. I met a few girls from the bus there and joined for a while. I have to admit the burger was fantastic and defiantly worth a visit and for just $10 Dollar for the original Burger an absolute bargain.




Later on in the evening we all met in the Base Bar Altitude to watch the Welsh vs. Australia Rugby match. This was followed by a few dance moves and we continued into the Worldbar up the road. At some point I called it a night and went to bed.

Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment