Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Funky Chicken on Tour day 18 (Christchurch)

It is my last day on the tour since I decided to fly back to Auckland. I’ve thrown out some stuff from my backpack to make sure my luggage isn't overweight and left the remaining food in the hostel kitchen for other travellers. 
 



We started our tour towards Christchurch and picked up a few people on the way. A total of 8 hours later and one switch to another bus I arrived at the airport. It is such a shame that no one is allowed into the red zone (City Centre) where the earthquake done the most damage. I promised a friend to put some flowers down for the victims of the quake; unfortunately I could not do it. Instead I donated some money at the airport and hope that it will do something good.


Now there is nothing else to do, just waiting for my plane and updating my blog.
Cost for Kiwi Experience Trip (all values are in NZD – excluding my time in Auckland)

I thought I put up some numbers for everyone, to make sure that no one will be disappointed in the future.
Accommodation $427 (pre-booked accommodation is generally cheaper compared to bookings through the Kiwi Driver)
Food $370

Activities $1.357
Ferry $55 (one way)

Costume $10 (Poo Pub)
Others (postcards, stamps, drinks, Internet etc.) $ 450

TOTAL $2.269
I spent a bit more than that because I had some other things that I bought that not necessarily everyone would buy during that trip e.g. my new camera.

Conclusion:
NEW ZEALAND IS AMAZING and defiantly one of my favourite countries in terms of culture and scenery.  Would I come back? Sure if the money and time allows it. A thank you goes to the driver Jamie (Big Rig) that was there all the way to Christchurch and I am certainly happy to have met so many lovely people during the trip. It was an awesome time. PS: If you want more details, don’t hesitate to send me a text or comment! I hope all people I met have a save trip wherever it might take them. I would recommend Kiwi Experience since it has something for everyone, just make sure if you prefer a quiet night that you might book the accommodation yourself.

I will have a few more relaxed days before heading back to Australia – Cairns and going on a job hunt again (YAY not). Will read you soon again from Australia.
Loads of kisses to my family and friends out there xxx

Happy Travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment