Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Funky Chicken on Tour day 16 (Queenstown)

I had a very nice and long sleep in since I had nothing planned for the day. Of course I could have done some of the activities that Queenstown offers; you seriously can do everything here from Kayaking, swing, sky dive, bungy, hang gliding, parasailing, jet boat and much much more, but I didn’t. 
 
Instead I wandered around the park and absorbed some of the sun with the hope to get at least some kind of a tan (which of course I didn’t). I have to admit that Queenstown didn’t strike me as a very usual Kiwi city as there are not many locals around and mostly it seems like a holiday/party city.


Just as I was about to walk back a Kiwi bus arrived for the mandatory group picture. Some of the faces I recognised and after a few hugs and hellos I waited and took the picture for them, so they didn’t had to pay for it.

This was followed by an absolute amazing night when we watched the France vs. New Zealand Rugby Final. You could cut through the atmosphere so thick and tense it was. Most people continued to celebrate through the night; I went to bed since I had to get up early for my tour to Milford Sound the next day.




Happy Travels

No comments:

Post a Comment