Monday, October 10, 2011

Funky Chicken Tour day 2 (Waitomo)

Day 2 started very early (feels like getting up for a job) around 7:30 am and we drove into the direction Waitomo for our next stop. In between we stopped at the Karangahake Gorge Historic Park for a quick walk through the old Gold Mines.












During the day I started to feel a weird knob under my chin and it kept swelling. Not nice and I have no idea what it could be. We have a doctor on board who said that it might be an infection and said I should see a doctor to get some antibiotics. Not really happy about that….
When we finally arrived in Waitomo I had to wait for approx. 2 hours before my activity for the day started. I booked the Black Abyss Tour through the Waitomo caves including Flying Foxes, Tubing and Abseiling. In between we had some hot chocolate and biscuits.
Even though the tour was quiet pricey it was definitely worth it. We had to first get into the some wet swimsuits (I felt like a pressed sausage) and learned how to abseil at a dry place.
After we went down to the caves we walked a little bit through it until we arrived at a place where we would take off for the flying foxes.
Throughout the walk you could see Glow worms on the sealing  looked like thousand stars above you, fantastic view. What a shame we were not allowed to take our cameras with us. However we bought the DVD for 20$ after the tour and I copied the files onto a USB Stick for everyone to share, so in the end everyone only paid 2.50 for all the pictures. That is a tour I would always do again.






The rest of the evening was spend in the Pub watching the rugby game. Again I left early for some sleep and updating my blog. I still haven’t bonded really with anyone from the now 44 people. To be honest, I am happy about it this time. Not sure why, but I rather just stand back and enjoy my time and relax, no worries and other dramas. Just a relaxed time :)
Tomorrow will be a relaxed and lazy day since I am not doing any activities (maybe take a long walk).
I will now close my eyes and get some sleep. Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment