Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Funky Chicken on Tour day 11 (Franz Josef)

I apologies at this point to my roommates from last night; I couldn’t find my mobile when the alarm went off this morning and I woke everyone up (whoops).
 
I had enough time for a quick stop at the lake before throwing my backpack into the bus.







We stopped for a quick Museum tour and some breakfast at the Bushman centre and watched a DVD about the hunting traditions in New Zealand. In my opinion not worth the money, but it was only 4$ which probably supports the centre.






This was followed by a long drive down to Mt Franz Josef where we would spend two nights. Because I didn’t ride a horse since I was very young I decided to try it again. After the ride I remembered why I don’t like it and would not take it up as a hobby. It was a bit painful when the horse hit a tree, and as a beginner I wasn’t able to stop him immediately. My legs were in pain after the ride. It was fun, but I know I will never do it again.





Tomorrow I am going on a hiking tour through Mt Franz Josef and hope it will be fun and not too cold.

Now it is time for some dinner and then bed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment