Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Greetings from Kamakura

The next morning I got up a bit early and packed my bag, together me and Yuta headed to the Station as he had to attend a meeting.


Thank you again Yuta for letting me stay and being such a nice host, even though it was a shame that you couldn’t join us for the activities, I hope you had a good time too.

I was on the way to the K’House Backpackers in the Asakusa Area to check in and drop my bag off before heading to Shibuya to meet a friend of a friend.  






My work colleague introduced us and we decided we spent the day together wandering around in Kamakura, a little town just one hour away from Tokyo.

Since he knew the way I didn’t do any more research and just let myself follow him. I love traveling like that; you just don’t have to think about one thing and everything is sorted.

I exchanged my JR Pass yesterday and was now able to travel on all JR lines for free, unfortunately not the Subway, but that was ok.

During the last few days I realised that Japan during the day is pretty nice as the sun is shining, however freezing cold during the night.

The trip was beautiful and we enjoyed some really nice lunch together even though the town was pretty busy.

It was busy, I am not kidding

Traditional Japanese Restaurant



Purple Potato Krokette

Plenty of snacks on the way



Students on a school trip. I was called Kawaii yay







Since I had to compress the picture in order to upload it, it looks miserable, but it was a really awesome view




Autumn is nearly over, the last leaves will fall soon





Japanese Garden










Can you guess what animal this is?

So clean and efficient, just awesome


Yummy plastic Ice cream

I managed to get around just fine

Aren't they just adorable?




Japanese style posing




After the tour we headed back and our ways separated. I went to the hostel to check my bed for the night and had some Ramen from the 7/11 next door. The hostel is pretty good, staff speaks English and I was happy in general with the choice.

I admit I am still not over the jet-lag and is getting to me quite a bit and there are a few seconds I just wish for a nice good night with continuous sleep, I hope soon this will come my way.

Until then my fellow travelers, have a save trip wherever you might be.

Read you soon again from Nagano.

2 comments:

  1. your Japanese style posing makes me laugh!! LOL :D
    Great pics! It makes me miss Japan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for introducing me to H. otherwise it wouldn't have been the same! :)

    ReplyDelete