Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 2 (07/01/2011) Bangkok

I finally arrived in Bangkok after a very exhausting flight with two boys (I swear NEVER again) next to me…After passing the passport control and immigration within two hours (ah only) I got myself happy on the way to the luggage belt and was really excited to pick up my backpack. Surprise surprise, it was nowhere to be seen.
Losing a little bit of patient I waited in an endless queue at the luggage desk. Somehow a piece of paper with my name on it was already waiting; they actually did leave my backpack in London. There I was now wondering what will happen next and when I would get my clothes, toothbrush and everything else. The nice man at the desk told me that with a little bit of luck, it would arrive tomorrow at the hotel, where Marina had already checked in for both of us. Running around in jeans and shirt, only slightly sweating, and trying to get at least some compensation, I managed to get 50 Pounds from BA to do some shopping.
A little bit disappointed that the holidays started already like this I went outside and was such in a bad mood that I actually took an expensive cab instead of the planned cheap bus towards the city. Not only did the cab driver tried to charge triple the price he also left me somewhere near the hotel, but I had no plan which way I should go to get there. But because BA paid for it I didn’t really care so much anymore, at least I was there.
With a little panic bubbling up I tried to call Marina to meet half way, however my phone credit was running out and the connection was very bad. After screaming into the phone where I am and Marina not hearing it we somehow managed to see each other, she was on the other site of the street (6 lanes). Happily I run towards Marina and was just really relived to see a friendly and familiar face :)


After I put my small belonging in the hotel room we walked a few miles to the next night market and I was able to get some nice clothes and a toothbrush. After the shopping was done we were sitting in a nice Irish pub near the market and talked and talked, suddenly realising we should go as the next day is fully planned and we need to get up pretty early (at least for me VERY early).
Let’s see what new adventures are waiting for us tomorrow.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment