Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 3 (08/01/2011) Bangkok

Good evening my dear readers ;) After a day of really funny events, I am back at the hotel and ready for a good night sleep. But first I had to write down what happened today. Slightly getting the feeling that I am addicted to my brand new blog…
We are staying in the Pinnacle Hotel near the Lumpini Park (in case anyone is interested). After a good night sleep in a really comfy bed I woke up with an exceptional good mood. Of course this was annoying Marina a little bit ;) We got ourselves ready and enjoyed a really nice English breakfast before heading towards the Chatuchak Market (http://www.bangkok.com/shopping-market/popular-markets.htm) where we went for a really long shopping trip. I took my time as I still had no luggage and therefore nothing to wear.
I got my Christmas present; a little necklace from Tiffany, earrings and another necklace matching my new dress :) After hours, a lot of food and many coffees later we finished our shopping trip and went back to the hotel for a nice cold shower.


Dressed and feeling fresh we were ready to start our evening at the Patpong Night Market with shopping again. We nearly closed the hotel room door when the phone suddenly started to ring. Excited and curious I jumped over the two beds and picked up the phone. The reception explained that someone would wait downstairs with my backpack. Happy and really overwhelmed I took the lift and quickly signed the papers (mmh what did I sign again??), took the backpack upstairs. It was late already, so I left the backpack at the room without even opening it. Only to later realize that I could have changed my shoes, as the new ones were quite uncomfortable after a long walk….
I was again successful during shopping and we decided to take a break at the Muzzik Café at the Market, where a band later played some live music. We were able to secure some really nice seat directly at the street, ordered some cocktails and observed the other tourists as well as the local, of course we had some very nice conversations about them ;)
After a few cocktails we decided to go to the Irish pub from yesterday. As soon as we arrived we found only one table free with two young lads sitting next to it. After a little small talk we found out that they were way too young and not really entertaining. Observing again the passing people, we suddenly realised that many many (yes many) mans were gay and some had a girlfriend. Only later we saw that the street next to the pub was a ladyman street….nothing else to say to that.
A little midnight snack and loads of laughter later we found ourselves back at the hotel. At this moment I reminded myself that two good looking mans were booked into the room next to us, unfortunately it was already too late to invite them for a beer. So we let it be and went to bed.
I’m going to have some nice dreams tonight and hope that every one of my friends out there is well and enjoys life as much as I do :D


 








No comments:

Post a Comment