Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 12 (17/01/2011) Kuching

After taking again a malaria table last night t I felt great this morning, so it must have been something I ate. After all the snacks I couldn’t really figure what it might have been, but because I was fine again my tummy gave the ‘hungry loud’…not in a very quiet and mannerly sound.
We checked out and left our backpacks for the day at the hotel storage as we only left the town in the evening.
We spend the day visiting Jalan India, China and Mosque Street where we looked at some very interesting buildings. After that we still had a few hours to kill and decided to go for a river cruise, which was a nice but not really exciting as we had seen already most of the city, but the atmosphere was incredible. At the end of this trip we got little dances presented which showed the welcome dances from different cultures around Sarawak. After that I wasn’t that sad anymore that I missed the show yesterday.








We hurried back to the hotel and went to the Bus Express Terminal just outside of the city and awaited our bus that was going to take us to Batu Niah approx. 600 kilometres away.
Luckily the bus had comfortable seats and with some food and water we were happy to spend the night in there.
On the way we stopped a few times for a toilet break. I do have to say that some of them were really disgusting and even the local woman were ashamed to see that, if we interpreted their face impression correctly.
I started reading my book and fell asleep at one point. Waking up we were nearly there.

No comments:

Post a Comment