Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 11 (16/01/2011) Kuching

We had to get up again early as the first booked tour started around 9 am. Luckily we got picked up from the hotel with a little minivan just for us and the driver, no one else seemed to have booked for this day. Unfortunately I didn’t really felt well this morning and spare you the details, however I got myself together and really wanted to do the tours (of course we had paid for it all yesterday).
The driver was really nice and told us a few things about the city and the people who lived in and around it. We were on our way to the Cultural Village, a village that was originally build to present and show the many different ethnics groups that call Sarawak their home. Now some people call it their home and are happy to present it to paying customers.
On the way we told the driver a bit of our plan and the next city we were going to stop by. He advised us to cancel two cities and recommended a place called Batu Niah, which was more worth to see then other ones together. We decided to change our plan and booked later a ticket for a 13 hour bus driver tomorrow evening.
We finally arrived at the cultural city and I barely could breathe, so hot and humid. We run through the city faster than planned and I was able to stand up nearly all the way, just sometimes I had to sit down because I started to feel really sick. Such a disappointed when you were excited to see something so original. I did take a few pictures and tried to take everything in, but my concentration wasn’t the best at that point. We started to think that it might have been the malaria tablets….
There was a planned dance ceremony after most of the people had finished the tour through the village. I decided not to attend the show and rather starred down a water pipe near by the park. After an hour or so the driver came back to pick us up for the next tour. At that point I had collected my inner self again and was ready to go for the next round.








The Semenggoh Wildlife centre was located at the other site of the island so we drove again across the Kuching city. I was excited to see the crocodiles and orangutans and many other animals I might never see again in my live.
We arrived and our tour guide explained why this rehabilitation centre existed and what their goals are. He also showed us the places where we would usually see them. Unfortunately due to the raining season the forest gave enough natural food so that they barely came out. We were lucky enough that 5 out of 28 showed up later in a feeding area. Overall I was ok by then and only sometimes the mean feeling of sickness came back.




After the tours we arrived safely back at the hotel where I needed some hours rest before heading off to the waterfront to see some more markets and surroundings.
We took a relaxed walk at the waterfront until we arrived at a restaurant which seems to look ok. I still was a bit worried that the food might not go down too well, but I was lucky and my stomach worked just fine again :)
So overall the day was great, even if it wasn’t my best days in life.
I hope to read you again soon and if you have a question, feel free to comment or send a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment