Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 1 (06/01/2011) Hamburg - Aumuehle

I wish everyone a wonderful and great new year. Now that we have 2011 I hope that everyone can fulfil their dreams and goals, whatever they may be.

I started 2011 with a year of freedom. I want to keep this blog updated as best as possible, however some regions I am going to visit do not offer internet, so please bare with me if you do not get every day an update (I do want to enjoy the holidays a little bit before getting back to the hard working life).

So, here we go, enjoy :)

After a wonderful three weeks at home and a great Christmas holidays with the whole family and of course an absolute great New Year Eves party I have been sent off by family and friends (I know that the smiles are all fake and you are very very sad). After a cup of coffee and a good chat today with my mum and dad they delivered me to the train station in Aumuehle where I was really really sad to leave….of course I didn’t want to get on that plane which would bring me to the beaches, palms and sun ;)
I am now sitting on the plane to Bangkok after a very smooth ride to London. I really hope my luggage is on board as well….

And as it happened I was not lucky enough to get an aisle or window seat, no of course I had to get the middle seat for the 10 hour flight. After getting to my seat I first thought I can’t believe it, cute guy to the right and cute guy to the left and suddenly the seat wasn’t that bad at all. This reminded me of a conversation I had once with a colleague of mine, he never was lucky enough to sit next to a cute girl (except his fiancée of course). I agreed and now this really happened to me.
 
The plane took off, we had great conversations about our travel destinations, food and life in general. Guy to the right informed me that he has a girlfriend in Sweden (FAIL), so I thought let’s see what the other one could offer. Seems to be nice, until the lights got switched off and he fell asleep….OMG it stinks, he really shouldn’t have had that much wine for dinner (which was disgusting by the way).
So now the left and right guy are snoring and farting as if they would challenge each other in their dreams. What else could I do other then start writing my blog, not that I really would like to have some sleep before getting to Bangkok.

It makes me smile that in less than 5 hours I will be there and meeting my best friend Marina with whom I will be travelling for the next 5 weeks. And if she wants it or not, she is going to accept everything I write :D Let’s try again for some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment