Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saying good bye is never easy (Brisbane)

Today is my last day (hours) in Brisbane and I am already packed up and just wait for my lift to the airport. I enjoyed my last week very much and was able to see some more of the area before I left. Not sure if I come back, but never say never. 
 
Last Sunday I went on a little road trip with a friend up the Sunshine Coast. I tried to put as many activities as possible on the day, but of course there were not enough hours.
 
First we stopped at the Glasshouse Mountains and walked the short circuit around the look out. A nice view but nothing much exciting to see here.









Next we visted the Australia Zoo. A really nice, large and clean zoo, never seen such clean animals before in my life. I even got close to Koalas, too cute.














We were in the adventure mood and added Go-kart to the day. And of course I was better in driving the little kart around the track ;)
 


We continued to Caloundra and ended up with Fish and Chips near the Golden Beach, shame it was getting already dark. So we just enjoyed our ‘little’ snack and listened to the waves.


2 hours later we arrived back in Brisbane and enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Green Papaya restaurant. A great atmosphere made this one special, but the food was a bit plain.

That weekend was followed by 5 further days of work, and yes I counted the days down. Without big celebrations or huge good bye scenes I left the Café for the last time and headed back to my accommodation to start packing.

This morning I quickly cleaned the common areas and my room to save the money for the last two nights spend here: http://au.totaltravel.yahoo.com/listing/1042663/australia/qld/brisbanearea/innerbrisbane/new-farm/the-deck-2/

A lovely place with great management, it was just a shame that the internet was not included in the price.

I will miss my café shop around the corner (Homeground at Brunswick) and becoming a regular somewhere gives you little bit of normality, since I don’t have a lot of that at the moment.


I am not sure if I will have internet access on the farm, but if so, be sure that I will update you on my doings there. I am very excited and can’t wait to jump once again on the plane.

Thank you everyone in Brisbane that made my time here so wonderful. I will miss a few people and hope to see them again one day. A big thank you to my hosts when I arrived, I will never forget that.

Have a great day everyone and Happy Travels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment