Monday, August 15, 2011

Living life my way (Cambewarra)

A few days passed again and I continued to live a fabulous life on the farm. I managed to continue with a great breakfast every morning.



When Cici told me that ‘Natalie’ is well and playing on the paddock, I suddenly realised that she named the calf after me because I attended the birth last week. How cute is that :)
 


A few days ago I spend some time in the ‘city’ Nowra while Cici had some appointments. I had to get some new clothes, since my old ones don’t really fit anymore and had enough time for a visit to the arts centre. This was followed by a great lunch with Cici.
 





The dogs needed a walk and we ended up at the Horse Track Nowra where I was able to capture a absolute great view. 
 


 
We finally managed to get to the tip and get rid of the junk we loaded onto the truck the other day. I have never seen such a clean tip.
 

On a farm there is not one day without work to be done, so before we headed to the house we were feeding the cattle, this time I did not step into any shit.




We finished the day with a lovely dinner while viewing the sky on fire. I remembered that when Cici picked me up from the Airport the radio was playing ‘Time of my life’, I didn’t know at that point that it would be such a great time here…what a coincidence.
 




The next day was again a very easy going day. I guess I don’t have to mention anymore that I feed the alpacas every morning. We had to deliver some Alpacas to a farm that will use them as Guardians for their sheep’s. I have been told that I am currently resident on one of the best Alpacas farm in Australia (http://www.illawarraalpacas.com). I come to think that I am lucky not to be based on the main farm; otherwise it would be a lot of work to feed all of them every day. We only have 6 Alpacas on this part of the farm.
 





I didn’t even realise that the weekend arrived for which we planned a road trip down to Bathurst to visit a friend I met while I was in the Blue Mountain and who got me and Cici in contact. It took us nearly 5 hours to get there as we had to stop for petrol and needed the dogs to run from time to time.

While we were driving we saw a lot of dead animals on the road, mostly wombats, I counted up to 25 during the trip.




We arrived and got a delicious cappuccino. I couldn’t resist and jumped with the kids on the trampoline in the garden and walked with them and dogs around the suburbs before we went to a local Basketball game. This was followed by a Chinese take away and visit to another family friend. We returned and played a game called Sequence and I will make sure to get that as soon as I settled somewhere, such a great and entertaining game. I got tucked into a cute little bed of the 10 year old daughter. It was like being a child again with all the posters (mostly Harry Potter) and toys around me. It has been a long time since I saw a child’s room from the inside.
 









 The next morning I woke up to the smell of freshly made pancakes.


I had a fantastic time :) Thank you Leah for having us.

We  continued our trip to Penrith where I was invited to take part in the family lunch, such a large and great family. I wish I would be more socially and took part in the discussion, but I couldn’t get myself up, not sure what I was afraid of. So I just observed mostly and enjoyed the lunch and fantastic dessert. One family member brought along a friend, who explained that he is socially related to the family, and they climbed a large tree as a show afterwards. I suddenly felt homesick seeing all of them together and having a great time…








This part of the family makes as well honey, so sweet and perfect.
 





We headed back to Cambewarra and only had a quick sandwich for dinner before going very tired to bed. It was a great road trip and I love such adventures.
 


I thought I would never say I love Mondays, but today I woke up feeling great and couldn’t wait to get started with the work for today. We continued to finish off the fence. So if you need a fence done, I am your girl :)



That was followed by a quick lunch.




You might remember that I picked fire weed last week. This week it was time to burn the whole lot before they started spreading the polls. While watching the fire burning away I was thinking of the movie ‘Cast Away’ and how Tom Hanks  danced around the fire once he was able to start it, I felt exactly like that.







The day came to an end and it was time again for some yummy dinner which we enjoyed in front of the fire.






Otherwise not much to tell at the moment, I just enjoy life as it is at the moment and relax. I hope that everyone is good and healthy.
 
Good night and Happy Travels.
 

1 comment:

  1. I want a calf named after me, that's so cool!!!! So, lots of eating by the look of it - do you cook all those meals by yourself? If so, you can come and stay with me anytime as long as Tante Natti makes those yummy meals! Hoert sich alles sehr beneidenswert an! Kuss x

    ReplyDelete