Sunday, August 28, 2011

Life is awesome (Cambewarra)

Where do I start this time? Everything seems like a dream and I don’t dare to wake up and face reality. I could continue like this for a very long time, although my feet’s are getting restless again and I know soon it is time to move on again.

I finally received my tax back and was overwhelmed that I got everything back from the last financial year, every single penny. I started spending that money on a booking for my next trip to New Zealand, where I will enjoy a few weeks holidays and seeing friends I haven’t seen in ages.
 
My week started as usual with a bit of work on fences, feeding alpacas and fireweed picking and the odd task in between. I continued with my breakfast every morning as well as the cooking, but I did stop to take picture of EVERY meal I have. I am getting already weird looks when I take my camera out.
 











Cici took me one day to Kiama and we watched the Blowhole which wasn’t really strong as the wind wasn’t really blowing that day. This was followed by dinner with some friends from Cici, a little bit outside of Kiama.
 











This was followed by a day of work at the vineyard, first time I worked as a chef in the kitchen. Luckily there were not many people so I only had to cook a few dishes and the vineyard owner prepared already most things. Never the less it was fun and I will do it again in two weeks YAY





The days are passing in a fast way, too fast in my eyes. Because with every day that passes I am closer to the end of my journey on the farm.
 
The next weekend arrived. I was very excited as I had a weekend planned in Sydney, a little break from the farm life and back to civilisation. This was the point that I realised how relaxed I have become with everything. If it is lateness or dirt or not wearing make-up and not giving a toss what other people think. It feels good.
 
On the way to Sydney we stopped again in Clifton and this time I had a chance to see the view during daylight, just amazing and spectacular.









Cici drove me to the City where I got picked up by a friend and the weekend started. We checked into the hotel and headed to a Shanghai restaurant (Lynn – www.lynnshanghaicuisine.com.au) and had some dinner before leaving for the cinema to watch ‘ Rise of the Planet of the Apes.’ The food was amazing and the service great. You can look into the kitchen and observe the chefs while they prepare the various dishes. I was a bit disappointed about the movie as I had expected much more after reading the critics and hearing from other people how great it is. We headed back to the hotel and watched a DVD while enjoying a glass of bubbles.
 
The next morning we started with a Brunch at a Yum Cha restaurant, eating delicious food and enjoying conversations while slurping the tea.




 We stopped for a quick coffee and cake at the Lindt Café house at Darlington Harbour. The cake was so delicious that it is still mouth-watering while I think about it.


We visited the Aquarium and watched the fishes, sharks and turtles swimming in their tanks. Amazing animals.













We headed back to the hotel and changed for our evening plans. I still can’t believe I watched an Opera in the Sydney Opera house, but it is true :D Before the play started we had a quick dinner in the restaurant on the ground level with an awesome view of the Harbour Bridge. The play was fantastic and I really enjoyed it.




 We decided to go for a quick drink to the Zeta bar in the Hilton Hotel and I found myself in the middle of the beautiful (and maybe rich) people. I so didn’t fit in there with my clothes and felt a little bit uncomfortable. Don’t get me wrong, the atmosphere, design and drinks are amazing but the people felt fake around me. We left after a while and ended the evening at the Hotel Bar, me with a Hello Kitty Cocktail in honour of my friend, which I miss a lot and I wished she would have been there.
 





 

The Sunday arrived and it was time to pack up my few things and get ready to check out. But first I enjoyed a fantastic breakfast in Bed :D We headed for some lunch to the restaurant ‘Pier’ before we continued to Bondi Beach for some ice cream.
 








It was time to head the train station. I said good bye to my friend and went to the platform where my train arrived on time.
 
I am sitting now in the train and review the last couple days and weeks, what happen and where I am but especially what I am. And I know I am lucky, I am happy and will never regret a thing in my life.
 
TO BE CONTINUED (the fabulous life of course).

Happy Travels!


1 comment: