Thursday, February 24, 2011

I am a lucky girl…(sometimes)

After the disaster with the first job I went out for job hunting on Tuesday and went in some cafés and bars around the area Richmond. Unfortunately I don’t have the RSA (Responsible service of Alcohol) certificate and therefore not allowed to work in a bar in Australia. One café immediately asked me for a trial shift on Thursday which I happily agreed to.
Nothing else really happened. I needed to cure my feet’s from yesterday’s torture. See below…

They actually called me and asked why I left after just one day and that it wouldn’t make a good impression on the others. As if I would care…Of course I explained nicely my reasons ;)
Yesterday I went around in Richmond a little bit and walked down the Victoria Street and was really surprised, I felt like in Asia. The smell, people and shops come close to the asian atmosphere. I have to say I really like Asia and planning to travel there a little bit more around next year. And before I forget, I received the Tax file number and my new bank card :) I just had to pick it up at my previous hostel.
Sitting near the Yarra River I missed home and friends again, but I know I will make it and that everyone is supporting me, so I am really not scared anymore :)




AND I found Aldi, not to be compared with the ones in Germany or UK, but cheaper than Coles. And they had my favourite Chocolate for just a dollar, which actually made my day.

Otherwise I really like the Public State Library, make me want to be a student here. What a great place to exchange information, read and talk about daily issues.

Today I started my new job and I was positive surprised. Nice colleagues, customers and good money. AND just a few minutes walk from the hostel. I am such a lucky girl :)

I think there is nothing else to say at the moment.  Just have to get used to the new wake up time around 5 am…
Oh yeah, and some other random pictures:



Read you soon again my dear friends and family :D

2 comments:

  1. If you want your rsa check out www.rsa-courses.com.au its cheap and you can do it all online. Hope you enjoy your year of freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter, thanks for the link :) For the moment I am fine, will do the course if I don't have any other choice ;)

    ReplyDelete