Monday, February 21, 2011

The adventure continues (Melbourne)

What a miserable Monday, the rain and clouds make it feels like London, but just a little bit. The temperature is still enjoyable :)
I did go out on Saturday, but it wasn’t as expected. First I went to Mel Port to meet some people there, but somehow we missed each other. I enjoyed a while the sunset near the beach before heading back to the hostel. What a nice area. The sound of the ocean makes you feel welcome.
The girls in my room had returned earlier and we only had a quick chat before I headed off to Mel Port. Coming back surprised them a little bit, but as they had planned to go out anyway I just joined in and we quickly had a snack before heading towards the rooftop bar. The guy that was staying as well in our dorm joined us, however he was dressed too casual and the doorman didn’t let him in, he didn’t mind us to go in anyway.
It was busier than the first time but never the less enjoyable. Afterwards we went down to ‘the toff’, a nice little club and danced a bit. But I was tiered and headed off quite early.
The next morning we had to check out and just quickly grabbed the free breakfast before we went our own ways.
I arrived at my new hostel and really felt like home. It is such a nice place with swimming pool, clean showers and toilets and very quiet. I only can recommend it. The manager is really nice and supportive, for anyone who is interested: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=48246476588
After a bit relaxing I headed back to the city for the travel expo and received some very good information as well as some nice goodies. I would love to see so much of the world and everything was interesting. I am actually very interested in the volunteering offers; however the price for a 12-week offer is way over my budget. Such a shame…maybe one day.
Otherwise I decided to go for a sky dive and bungee dumping trip in Cairns later this year, something I always wanted to do and the prices seems alright. That will be great :)
Monday arrived and I got ready for my first day at the new job. The group arrived and we had some coaching for the day and met the other reps who started earlier. Separated into several groups we headed out the Endeavour Hills to start knocking at people doors. My manager showed me and another newbie his pitch and how he approached people. After he had done the second sales I knew already that this job is nothing for me.
It is difficult to describe, but he basically tricked the people into signing the contract and they didn’t even know what they were signing up for. Ok, if they are that stupid to sign a contract before reading it, though luck, but hey, I am not that type of person who is bullshitting people at their door just for some money. And to be honest they didn’t even got the best deal out of it. After a while he let us go by ourselves. Everyone was very nice to me and I had some nice conversations and got even to the point where I could show the deals, however, I always ended up being more expensive. So, the decision was made and I quit the job after we returned. If you know me, you know I am not a quitter, but I know when not to waste my time.
Back now at the hostel and getting my CV ready for some waitress jobs. I know I promised myself to make new experience, but surely you understand that I won’t do it in this case. The year is still long and many opportunities will come my way. I am sure :)
Thanks again for reading and I hope everyone out there is happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment