Saturday, February 19, 2011

The first week is nearly over (50 weeks to go) (Melbourne)

Sitting again at the Federation Square, enjoying the sun (27 degrees), the passing people and the entertainment around me, I have to say I feel well. Not too well, I do feel a little bit lonely, even if I have met many people through work and hostels. I even go out tonight, meeting again some new people. But friends and family are far away. I am not sure where to put these feelings but I am somehow sure they will pass, as everything else so far.
I have started the training for my new job. I am still not excited about it and sometimes it comes to mind I just should have done the hospitality jobs. But again, I have done that already, nothing new about it.



The first training day was relaxed and we learned about the products we would sell very soon to local residents. The team is very nice as well as the trainer. Even though he could stay a bit more focused on the topic…just my German mind playing up again. The first person dropped out during the first break.
On the second day we counted five people less, not too bad I assumed. Later on we got the information that two of them had issues and would join the second day next week…let’s see.
I had as well an offer for farming, but decided against it because I want to do that later, when I am not in a city. I just hope that my decisions are not completely wrong, ahh whatever, in the end it is the experience that counts.
I started to write down on what I spend my money, gosh; so many things are a total waste. Why do people always spend money they absolutely don’t need. Cigarettes and Ice cream are just an example and I think I never paid so much for my habit (around 15$). Might be a very good reason to stop finally…I will keep you up to date how that goes.
Because I only booked until today my current hostel I booked an additional night and had to move rooms. This time I ended up in a room with 4 girls and one guy. I do have to say that the room looks so messy compared to the other one with just guys. I might need to rethink my way of thinking.
I was supposed to start working today (Saturday) but my street ID wasn’t ready yet. I haven’t sign the contract yet and my confidence is not yet in the right place for this….not a good sign.
Instead I went to a very nice hostel in the Richmond area, closer to work. It is a bit cheaper and just for females. After paying the rent in advance I received the keys for tomorrow. Let’s see how that works out. Oh yeah and the internet is free for me :D
Afterwards I went to the travel expo to get some information for the Australia trip ahead of me, such a shame I read the times incorrectly and they closed already at 4pm. But they have another open day tomorrow.
Nothing really adventures happen yet and I realised that it makes more fun to check out new things if you have someone next to you. Anyone care to join me in Australia?
Now I am getting ready for a little party :) Read you soon again.
PS.: If you wonder why I have not uploaded any pictures, I just didn’t make any interesting ones. I really don’t want to bore you ;)

2 comments:

  1. Huhu Schwesterherz - mach einfach,was dir Spass macht, dafuer ist das Jahr ja da!! Wuerde sehr gerne mitkommen...aber mgeht leider net. Hast du Emilie schon gesehen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich versuchs so gut es geht und lerne hier ja taeglich neue Leute kennen und unternehme auch was mit denen ;) Em hatte sich nich nicht gemeldet, ist ja auch hier zum arbeiten.

    ReplyDelete