Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The daily grind (just some thoughts)

Being now into the second week of my Australian life I get to know the daily life. Even without a job I am still busy nearly every day.
Yesterday I went to the supermarket to buy some food for my daily needs. I was surprised by the prices and couldn’t really decide what to buy. I felt like a poor little girl who could not afford a proper meal or something really good. Noodles, plain Toast, cheese, butter, slices of chicken, cornflakes and milk was all I could really afford. The chocolates I left behind me with some sad eyes, but even only that came up to $25. But it is cheaper than eating out every day. So for the next time I will look out for some offers from the supermarket.
There are some things I start to miss, like a large fluffy towel, baking a cake when I feel like it and some really nice cooked dinners, a large bed and some really nice blankets.
Not that I had a very exciting life back home, but I am starting to appreciate the little things in life. I am sure that I will be ready to settle down as soon as I am back, of course depending on the adventure that I expect to have here. The sun, the smell of the air and the absolute awesome parks around me makes me feel like I am flying. I could dance in the streets when listening to my music and feel free. So at least I achieved something by getting here, I think I get to know myself better and I am already opener to most people.
I get to know the Trams, Busses and Trains better every day and don’t even need a map anymore for most destinations.
I like Melbourne, I like the people I meet but something is missing but I can’t quite define what that is.
Anyway, just some thoughts from me for today before heading off to the job hunting. Motivated and with a positive attitude I am sure I can blog some more interesting details over the next few days.
Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment