Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Quebec City – The capital of Quebec Province

I arrived by Train from Montreal in Quebec City in just under 3 hours and made my way to the host I would be staying with, two lovely sisters.



After an initial confusion in which way to go I found the place in the end and the girls were already waiting for me.





Quebec Station




They invited me for Dinner, this time they would be having Lobster! I was really looking forward to it since the last time I had lobster was ages ago and because it was fresh from the tank. So we went first shopping in the local supermarket.












After dinner I did a quick walk around the area and was thinking of the plan for the next day. Since C. had to work she wouldn’t be able to join me for the day tomorrow. I had been hoping to do some hiking in the nearby national park PARC NATIONAL DE LA JACQUES-CARTIER, however there is no public transport or shuttle to the park for a day trip (or at least I didn't find one and didn't ask at the Information Center later. If you get a chance to ask them, let me know, would be nice to know if there is a way to access the park without a car).




Mortello 4





The girls were so nice to let me wash my clothes since I wasn't able to do that in the last couple of days. Traveling with only limited amount of clothes means you need to wash them from time to time. Hand washing is also possible, but I was lucky with them having an ultra fine washing machine and dryer.

I was also thinking of visiting the Montmorency Falls (Chute Montmorency ). Which would have been accessible by the city bus 801 to the end station (towards Beauport), ca 35 min from just outside the walls. At 83 meters, it stands 30 meters taller than Niagara. But given the time I decided against it. So instead I walked around the Old Town and made a quick stop over at Levis with the Ferry.

Youville




Parliament 






Governors walk



Chateau Frontenac









The ferry runs nearly every 30 minutes and is only 6.50$ return






















And for the rest of the day I just walked, walked and walked. Around 7pm I went back to my hosts place to get some rest and see what they are up to. 














While I was waiting I checked my schedule for the next day and the route to my pre-booked hostel. With a small heart attack I realised I had booked the wrong hostel. I booked a hostel in St. John in Newfoundland and not Saint John in Brunswick, not the end of the world, but I had to make some quick arrangements.

J. and I were sitting together for the rest of the evening talking about her upcoming travels to Asia. Early in the morning I got read to catch my bus to Saint John in New Brunswick, a 12 hour journey ahead of me. What I was thinking when I booked it? I have no idea; I did the planning for this part of the journey one day before departure to Canada. My mind might have been a bit clouded with excitement.

Anyway, I am looking forward to spend the last remaining days in Canada on the Maritime side of the East coast.





Happy Travels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment