Friday, June 14, 2013

A quick stop in Saint John – New Brunswick

The bus transfer from Quebec City with Orleans Express to Rivière-du-Loup over to Maritime Express and then to Saint John worked just fine and after ‘just’ 11 hours of sitting in the bus and enjoying my time I arrived at the mini Bus Terminal in Saint John.



After the initial hick up with my booking for St. Johns in Newfoundland I was able to find a host via Couchsurfing last minute. 





Lunch on the Bus trip - Crispy Chicken Burger 





Alex and his neighbour picked me up from the bus stop and together we headed home to Alex’s place that he is sharing with his girlfriend Sophie. Both are really great people and they made me feel instantly welcome. We had a quick dinner before we headed out late in the evening to do a quick city tour in the dark and rain. I am really glad they tagged along and showed me around given the rain and them having to get up early in the morning for work.










The beachfront is not really a beach for swimming

Kissing a Moose, unfortunately not a real one (or fortunate?)




Hanging in there 




Once we got back we had a quick chat about the options for my limited time the next day and then I made myself comfortable on the couch for the night.

The next morning I overslept by an hour since I simply forgot to change my watch one hour forward. I knew there is a timezone change between Quebec and New Brunswick, but I just forgot to adjust the time.

It seems that recently I forget a lot of things, might come with the age, or me just being tired. Anyway, I met George, another guy from Couchsurfing the next day. He had been so nice to take me out for a great breakfast, show me around a bit and then drive me as well to the Ferry Terminal. If it wouldn’t be for him I would have needed to walk all the way in the rain, would have taken me around an hour. So I am really thankful for people like him.











The Ferry over to Digby took around 3 hours and the sea was pretty rough. I don’t get easy seasick, but this was even for my stomach a bit too much and was walking outside around like a ghost with a white face and trying to hold everything inside. Not the most pleasant way to travel. On the way through the Bay of Fundy I was hoping to see some Whales, but I was out of luck or just blind.

It had only been a brief stop in Saint John but a wonderful one!

Happy Travels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment