Saturday, February 16, 2013

A sugar sweet passion

Most people know by now that I like to travel, everywhere and anytime. I like to tell a story or two and dive into daydreams when possible. Besides all that I had for the last 6 odd years a passion for baking. It all started when I moved to the UK and had nothing better to do than baking cakes. I guess that was in a way my therapy to settle into the UK and accustom myself with the new environment. It enabled me to get distracted, reflect, calm myself down and think of other things besides any trouble, but it also makes me happy to get people to smile over such a simple gesture.

Baking is one thing that is fairly difficult to do while being on the road and certainly one thing I miss doing when being abroad for a while. I have never developed a great technique or a personal signature; I am just trying out new recipes whenever I come across them.



Usually I bring the baked achievements into work and let my colleagues enjoy what I have done, it never lasts long and I always take empty trays back home. But sometimes I bake on a Saturday and don’t want to leave it until Monday and let it go all dry. So I share with my housemates, but even they can’t eat it all, so I do wonder sometimes what I should do with it. I won’t be able to eat it all by myself, so sometimes I have no other choice but throw the leftovers with a small tear in my eye into the trash. Luckily it doesn’t happen that often that there are actually a lot of leftovers.

At first I didn’t want to write about this baking passion of mine, because this blog is not suppose to turn into a baking one by all means, but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to share once and let people know, that even though you might not think you are good at what you do, you do it anyway and you enjoy it. The passion behind it is what counts and only with experience you will get where you want to be and that is exactly what I am trying to do.

So below some of the sweet treasures I created during the last year. A lot of times when I bake I don't take pictures because it is a normality for me, but when I remember most pictures are taken with my phone camera, so the quality is not the best but I hope you enjoy it regardless.

Malteser Chocolate Cake

It actually says Happy Birthday on the edge.Chocolate Vanilla Cream Sponge Cake

Orange Chocolate Cheesecake

Vanilla Cupcakes with chocolate decoration

Yes, I do love making chocolate cakes. This is another Vanilla Cream chocolate cake

Welcome Cupcakes for the new office

White chocolate cake

Something healthy, Banana Walnut Muffins

Dark Chocolate with Lemon Icing

Fake Black Forest Cake

Fake Black Forest Cake

Strawberry Cupcakes








Chocolate Cake



 Next time I will try and make pictures from the inside of the cakes.

And this time: Happy Baking!

Read you soon.

1 comment: