Saturday, February 16, 2013

A German in America Chapter Three

It was time again for another business trip over to Atlanta. This time I wasn’t overly excited to arrive in the States since I knew I would be at a place again I had been before and because I doubted I could motivate myself to get up and get out in a city in which it is difficult to get around and beyond without a car. I still had some plans prepared but nothing too exciting. I got more pumped by the thought that I would make a stop in New York on the way back and stay for a couple of days to take in this amazing city I have heard of so much about, but never been to.

To take the action already out of this entry, the trip to New York never happened because of Snow Storm Nemo, a blizzard that apparently was quite heavy and caused thousands of flight cancellations and delays. Instead I rebooked my flight to go out from Atlanta back to London. I was indeed disappointed, but nothing I could have done about. And for sure next time I will try it again and get out and about when I get the chance.



On the weekend I went to a basketball game in Atlanta Philips Arena where I got to watch the Atlanta Hawks vs. Chicago Bulls. Atlanta lost, but people were friendly and I think kind of expecting the outcome.
















This was followed by a visit to a gay club in Midtown, I forgot the name of it, but it was a great atmosphere, good prices and nice people. From there we headed to a club called ‘Soundtable’ which I was not fond of, admission was way too high and people are more arrogant.






















That was pretty much a night out in Atlanta. The rest of the time there I worked and went for dinners around the area, which is nothing beyond the usual and similar of what I do back in London.

As mentioned on my last entry about Atlanta, it apparently is normal to visit strip clubs and there are plenty around. This time a colleague of mine took me out and showed me a decent club, called The Mainstage and a dirty one called the Flasher. I had to admit it was a very unusual experience and I have to say that strip clubs are personally not a great way of entertainment, but that’s maybe because I am a female.

I do hope that soon I will be able to tell you some more travel stories and other random life experience.

Happy Travels!

1 comment:

  1. Gay club or not, those places looked like a lot of fun; smiling faces abound. And basketball, which is the number one sports activity in my country (not footballs/soccer). Looks like you've optimized your trip there. :)

    ReplyDelete