Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Above the world - London Part 2 at SushiSamba

There are times that you have to celebrate something or someone special. I took such occasion as a chance to experience the SushiSamba Restaurant at the 38th Level in the Heron Tower at Liverpool Street in London.

It had been recommended by several people. Although it is fairly expensive the overall experience is worth it. The food was fantastic, the portions exceeding expectations, the service quick and the view amazing. Certainly value for money even though not something you would do every time, but as I said, for something special I would consider this again.






If you don't feel like eating there, you could just go up to the bar and have a drink inside and outside and enjoy the view above London. The same as with the Shard and O2 attraction, the weather is a keyplayer and could ruin a perfect night. 

The booking is fairly easy, but like every other popular restaurant you only get a 2 hour slot, which I do believe is plenty of time to have a dinner that fills you up. I was only able to get a table for 5pm, while the busiest time is around 7-8pm.


View from the bar


Outside Bar

Restaurant


View from the Outside Restaurant



London Sushi Roll

Duck, cooked to perfection

Sashimi

Yellowtail


Tempura. My personal favorite is the pumpkin

Lemon Cream and Fruit Sorbet

Mango Mousse

Happy me with Dessert




I recommend SushiSamba as well since I had a fantastic time up there and got to see London once again from above and had great food at the same time.

Happy eating!




No comments:

Post a Comment