Saturday, January 19, 2013

Travel Music


Every time I am planning a trip I am not only thinking about what to pack, my itinerary but also what music I will be listening to, what song will make certain situation a memory.

As some of you know I have now lost an iPod (just shuffles no worries) for the second time and relied on my netbook to listen to music while traveling, this of course is not possible when walking around. A friend of mine told me, just listen to the music of the city/forest/place and take it in. I do that as well, but there are just certain moments I want to listen to that one particular song, want to sit high up on a moment and feel like I need classical music to let my thoughts flow; so having music with me while traveling is an absolute must and necessity to me. I need to switch off the outside sound and make my own.

The other day I was searching various blogs and website to what other people listening to while traveling and found the selection pretty weird. Most songs of course had something to do with traveling, but were absolutely not my taste nor would I want to listen to them while sitting on a train or walking around.
 
So I decided I will put up my own selection and why I am listening to those and what memory relates to them or why I like to listen to them. Also I have this weird habit of changing sometimes the song lyrics to make it fit to what I am thinking.

Here we go, my top travel songs in no particular order at the moment (of course they change from time to time):

Vanessa Carlton – A Thousand miles
Reminds me of my youth, when I was carefree. I am pretty content with everything in my life and it reminds me that I am ready to give

Bruno Mars – Grenade
Reminds me of the way I walked to work in Melbourne. I even can smell the air from Melbourne when I listen to this song

Maroon 5 – One more night
Gives me reason to think of others first before myself and that sometimes things are as they ought to be. Sometimes it reminds me as well that travels is by all means not always easy, but I keep going no matter what.

The Calling – Wherever you will go
I would do everything for the ones I love and would follow those wherever they will go. It reminds me as well that I still have a home, family and friends that are always there for me no matter where I go

Jason Mraz - I'm Yours
Travel is a person and I belong fully to that person. Open up your plans and you are free!

Gentleman – To the top
This was the song I was listening to when I planned my first long term travel trip and it keeps me going no matter how small or big the challenges are in my life.

CafĂ© del mar – Feel Good
Says it all, just feel good

Green Day – time of your life
Says it all, have the time of your life no matter what you do.

The Beatles – Hello Goodbye
I love meeting new people and sometimes like the fact that it is only temporarily and that I can go and come as I wish

J.S. Bach - Air (On The G string)
Love classic music when I sit high up in the mountain and overlook everything and just enjoy the moment

Bizet - Au Fond du Temple Saint
Sometimes classic music is as well fantastic for stressed moments. There is nothing in the world you should worry about, especially not time, as time will always be time

Alicia Keys - As I Am -  No One
I need to remind myself that no one can say anything to whatever I do. It is my choice to listen or not to listen to other people’s advice

Israel IZ - Somewhere over the Rainbow
Dreams can come true; you just have to believe in them

Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit
Trying new things, challenge yourself!

Xavier Naidoo - Wo willst du hin
A German song I listen to every time I don’t know what to do next

Seeed - Aufstehn
Keeps me going and tells me to get up and get out into the world and stop being lazy and take things for granted. I am very lucky to have what I have. I have worked hard, but I also need to enjoy life and appreciate what is given to me.

Sylver-  Living my life
Living my life to the fullest whenever and where ever possible

Travie McCoy - Billionaire ft. Bruno Mars
Pretty self-explanatory, but instead of fame/money I would look to travel the world and give wherever possible, share the experience

UB40 - Red Red Wine
Reminds me of my time with my best friend Marina in Thailand, sitting on the beach, listening to music from her mobile and watching the dark ocean

Xavier Naidoo - Bevor du gehst
I did say I am selfish when it comes to travels, but I try to consider others before I make a decision to ensure I don’t affect anyone with them in a bad way

LIL WAYNE - Mirror ft. Bruno Mars
To ensure I reflect on myself from time to time

Kanye West – Stronger
Never give up. Life experience makes you stronger and traveling gives you life experience

Linkin Park - Never back down
Never give up, stand for what you believe in

Fort Minor feat. Styles of Beyond - Remember the Name
Remember me to matter where I am, the same as I remember you and think of you.

Alela Diana – Suzanne
This is a song that reminds me of a particular person and that if you don’t take chances you will never know and always wonder. He taught me again that I should go ahead with what I would like and never regret a thing I do.

Greenday – Minority
I might be normal, maybe average, but in my mind I am who I am, no matter if majority or minority, it is alright to be who you are.

Rachmaninov - Rhapsody on a Them
Another classical for the  special moments

Jungle Book – The bare necessity
Be happy with what you have and don’t be greedy and asked for more, because you don’t need it

Blue – Fireflies
Reminds me of my dreams and that I follow them and that my dreams guide me

Secret Garden – You raise me up
A song that gives me the shivers and will always remind me how grateful I am to my parents, that they were able to give me what I have today and the way they brought me up. Especially it reminds me of my sister, who is the most important person in my life and that I have to thank her a lot for all she has done for me and that she always looks after me. I love her from the bottom of my heart and hope that she and her family will always be well and nothing bad ever happen to them.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is the big advantage of convergence devices. I no longer feel the need to take a laptop on my travels and can get by with just a smartphone, which conveniently doubles as a browser, backup camera, gps device, and music player! It's so wonderful that I'm bringing two for my upcoming trip and giving the laptop to the brother.

    ReplyDelete