Thursday, June 2, 2011

Time to settle (Brisbane)

I still can’t believe my luck. After just a week I am ready again to settle. This time I am planning to stay for a little bit longer and try to integrate a bit more into the Australian way of living.


I was able to get the job at a café and started working on Monday. Of course I needed some training first. I have to say that the team and management are fantastic. They are much organised and have a great atmosphere to work in. I just know I am going to enjoy working there (even though it might get hard sometimes). And the best thing is, I NEVER have to work on the weekend :)

Last Saturday I first went out with my host on a river tour with the CityCat (a public Ferry). I enjoyed the view of Brisbane from the boat very much and my host explained a little bit more about the area and buildings we passed. This was followed by a quick visit to the Art Gallery and GoMA (Gallery of modern art).






 Afterwards we went to Mount Coot-tha and viewed the city from a look out.


 As mentioned in my last blog my hosts introduced me to Rugby, a very interesting game, which I enjoyed watching after I (kind of) understood the rules. We went to a university match (QLD vs. Sunnybank) and enjoyed the game together; a very rough game indeed.

 The next day (Sunday) I prepared myself from some room hunting and viewed a few available accommodations. The decision wasn’t easy as there were a few factors that I considered besides the prices given that I would need to stay there for a long time. In the end I decided to go for a single room (YEY) within a shared house, managed by a very lovely lady. The area is close to work, but it is a bit pricier than expected but worth it. I moved in yesterday and had to leave my great hosts that made my first week in Brisbane unforgettable. As a little thank you I cooked dinner and dessert. I have something else planned for a little bit later as a thank you, so more to come on that front ;)





That is what I have done so far in Brisbane, not very much. But there is enough time for more sightseeing in the future.


 Now I am just going to lay back and let life go back to a daily grind. Of course this means that there will be no regular blog updates again, only when I have done something interesting. Oh and before I forget to mention it, I was attacked by a bird today on my way back from work. So far that is the only bad thing happened to me :)

I will keep in touch. Have a nice day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment