Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Brissy way of living

After a little bit over two weeks it is time for an update again. As expected not much happened so I try to keep it short and crispy.
After I moved into my new spacious room I unpacked and tried to settle. I knew it wouldn’t be for long as I have to move into a single room as soon as one is available. This happened three days ago. The new room is much smaller but very comfortable and has a little kitchen. Not that I cook a lot anyway, but it is nice to know it is available if a crazy moment occurs and I do actually want to have a lovely homemade meal.

It is difficult to describe how I feel, but I still feel restless and want to catch the next flight to somewhere or the train and move on, see more of the world, have some more adventures. Unfortunately the finance situation doesn’t allow it at the moment. I started my job and work from Monday to Friday, good hours. After I received my first pay I was happy to have some money again available, but the taxman was not very nice and deducted quite a sum of my pay. This will make it difficult to save up a large sum to keep traveling for a few months. Maybe I have to get another job just before I leave Australia. Even though I will get back some of the tax, I don’t know when and how much it will be.  At first I thought I worry about that later and enjoy my life, spending the hard earned money on Internet, nice food and other luxuries such as a large big fluffy towel, shoes and cosmetics. I will have to start at one point and calculate my way ahead, but as I said at one point, not NOW.

I was able to enjoy some of the Brisbane nightlife and went out last Friday with a co-worker. It was a fun night even so the next morning wasn’t a nice experience with the hungover.

On the Saturday I went up to the Gold Coast and saw the Surfer Paradise surrounded by construction work and the weather didn’t make it nice, but it was good to see anyway. I enjoyed some Yum Cha and a nice milk tea with jelly afterwards. In the evening I returned back to my accommodation and wasted some more money on the internet, but it is so worth it when I can catch up with good friends and see what happens in their life.




On another nice day I went down to the New Farm Park, enjoying the scenery. I like Brisbane and the people I am surrounded with, it is time to make some new friends here to get away from the loneliness, because it can get quite depressing after a while.








Today I went to the cinema and saw X-Man First Class, which was a nice movie with a good storyline. I hope that I can see the Hungover Part 2 soon, just need to find someone who would go with me. Otherwise I really don’t do much, just the usual grocery shopping, getting up in the morning for work and just let life be life.

I will update you soon again. Enjoy your life and think about me from time to time ;)

2 comments:

  1. Is yum cha like dim sum? Where they parade around little pieces of food in round wooden containers? With tea served through out of course. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is. Normally three pieces per dish, really good for sharing.

    ReplyDelete